Trusting in Yourself – Do You? – If not… are you feeling that you have lost self confidence and self worth and not reaching your full potential?
Trusting In Yourself: Throughout our lives we are faced with many different situations. We have decisions to make along the way, we meet different people and are faced with new and sometimes scary challenges.
What I have realised lately is that when it comes to trusting in yourself there are some of us that loose trust in ourselves and in our own abilities due to poor decision making.
We also lose trust in ourselves due to shame and regret surrounding actions we have taken when faced with certain situations in our past. This can all lead to a lack of self-confidence and self-worth and prevent you from truly reaching your full potential.
That said, let me share with you today 5 indications that can help you recognize if you may have lost trust in yourself over the years. Then I will share with you 3 ways in which you can begin to work on repairing this lack of trust and begin building back love for yourself and a confidence in your own ability.
Trusting In Yourself: Here are 5 ways you may be able to identify that you are failing to trust yourself;
- Do you have a hard time recognizing your value and self-worth?
- Do you find yourself trying to control every situation you find yourself in, in an attempt to feel safe?
- Comparing yourself with others, comparing the choices you have made throughout your life and feeling as though you have not achieved enough.
- Are you caught in self-sabotaging patterns or behaviours that stop you from living the life you want, continually doubting yourself and fearing the commitment it takes to create that life?
- And finally; do you find it difficult to finish what you start?
Now if this sounds like you, you may want to begin finding ways in which you can begin to love and trust yourself again. If you feel that it is time for you to start living your full potential and really shinning your light on this world then here are 3 ways that can help you to repair this lack of trust and truly live up to who you are.
Trusting In Yourself: 3 Ways To Repair The Lack of Trust In Yourself and Live Up To Who You Are.
1. Begin to practice self-love and build up your level of self-worth.
There are a number of ways you can do this, and I want to share with you one way that I believe this to be very effective.
- Firstly; throughout your day make a point of recognising the moments that you find yourself de-valuing yourself (you can write these down if it helps), use these times as an indication of how often you are not showing yourself the love you deserve.
- Now that you are aware of how often you are not valuing yourself enough it is time to begin changing this around. Start to get into the habit of stopping yourself when you notice this de-valuing happening and tell yourself how worthy you are, show yourself love and move forward through your day with confidence and respect for yourself. The more you practice this the easier it will become.
2. Take the time to be still.
Now you may read this and think… how is being still going to help me trust myself?
Let me explain; We tend to live such busy lives these days, always doing a million things to keep ourselves distracted, that we don’t give our minds a chance to slow down. Giving yourself the chance to re-connect with the truth of who you are is a very powerful practice to get into. By doing this for 5-10 minutes a day you are allowing yourself to connect with who you truly are and remember what it is you love about yourself and the world around you.
Giving you the chance to experience peace and to re-connect with your heart can allow you the space to find love and compassion for who you are and the life you have chosen for yourself. Therefore, trusting that the decisions you have made so far have served you in many ways, teaching you lessons you have needed to learn to grow and become the person you are today.
Leaving you more confident to trust yourself moving into your future.
3. Recognise where you are giving your power away, either to other people, places or situations you find yourself in.
Have you ever found yourself believing that others know better than you or find yourself in a situation where you feel as though others are above you? This is quite common for people who don’t trust themselves, they tend to be very quick to give their power away.
If this sounds like you than you may want to begin taking a mental note of when you find yourself doing this. It is your responsibility to remind yourself that you are not small or insignificant, instead you are a strong, capable and powerful human being. Remind yourself that your power is not for giving away to things outside of yourself, that it is something that is yours to keep and use to help you learn and grow into a better version of yourself.
If you have dreams for your future and have goals you wish to achieve, now may be your time to start stepping up into your greatness, to start trusting in your abilities to achieve whatever it is that you desire. You do not need to know how it is all going to unfold, but you do need to trust.
Become trusting in yourself and your ability to achieve. Trust that if you keep focused on what you want you can achieve amazing thigs. Trust can make you immune to doubts that come from yourself and others, trust is a very powerful tool and it is up to you to believe in and trust yourself.
Keep your power for yourself and never lose trust.
I wish you well and invite you to continue the conversation by leaving a comment below.
Mark Ford – Home Business Lifestyle Consultant, loyally stepping up for others SO THAT they are given inner peace. Registered Office: 13-15 Commercial Road, Hayle, Cornwall, TR27 4DE, United Kingdom. Registered in England No. 8927341.
Data Protection No: Z141291X
Business Website: Nice Money Publications.com