Covid 19 Travel Restrictions Are Obviously Very Important To Protect Ourselves and Others From Catching The Virus But Will You Let Them Limit The Opportunity You Still Have To Travel If The Reason To Do So Is Equally As Important?
That’s a great question Mark about covid 19 travel restrictions. Yes, maybe I do say to myself ‘I am not going to travel at all and wait for all this to be over’ because it is too dangerous to travel.
Covid travel restrictions – What did you have to do Mark to travel and what about the day of travel?
Well, what a day of travel it was and it was quite a challenge to do this with Covid, as you would expect. Here’s what I had to do to get to Cyprus on the 6th December 2020.
- Pay a lot more > it was a lot more expensive due to not being able to get a direct flight to Larnaca and also £120 for a Covid test.
- Pay for a negative Covid test > in my case travel 188 miles to get the Covid test done within 72 hours of travel to Cyprus.
- Sign various locator forms online for entry into Greece and Athens. Make sure to do this within 24 hours of the flights.
- Rather than take 4 to 5 hours, be prepared to travel for nearly 12 hours through Athens and not direct.
- Travel 1st class from Stafford train station to London Euston, sitting at a table with no-one around me.
- Travel from London, Euston on the London Underground to Tottenham Hale and then on another train to London Stansted.
- Stay overnight at the Hilton Hotel, London Stansted in a Covid secure environment.
- Get up at 4 a.m. for an early breakfast to get a flight from London Stansted to Athens International Airport.
- Observe all the various covid restrictions and guidance within the hotel, airports, onboard flights and maintain distance from others.
- Wear a face mask all the way from Stafford to Cyprus (nearly 12 hours).
- Wait for 2.5 hours at Athens International Airport to get a connecting flight to Larnaca, Cyprus.
- Go through arrivals at Athens International Airport, check back in, go back through security and get on a connecting flight to Cyprus.
- Show the printed out locator forms and negative covid test at London Stansted, Athens International and Larnaca, Cyprus.
- Arrive at Larnaca, Cyprus with some people being kept on the plane to have a Covid test on arrival and in my case to go through border control because I had a negative Covid test beforehand.
Why Mark? I also had to go home to Cyprus because I have now rented and sold my U.K. house on a rent to buy scheme. 2021 is to be full of travel and a multi centred life by working and playing from wherever I am in the world. And the biggest reason of all is to be at an immigration meeting to seek a permit to stay in Cyprus longer than the current 3 months that a UK passport allows. What is your reason?
Covid 19 Travel Restrictions Video – Travel to Cyprus 6th December 2020 | Covid Travel
Observe the covid 19 travel restrictions and safe travels everyone. Leave a comment below to continue the conversation and look after yourselves and your family.
Mark Ford – Home Business Lifestyle Consultant, loyally stepping up for others SO THAT they are given inner peace. Business Website: Nice Money Publications.com
Main Blog: Latest Home Business Blogs
RSS Blog Feed